Saturday, November 25, 2006

FACTOIDS for FUCKTARDS

1- me- "XXXX national reservations, i'm poet, can i help you?"
them-"is this XXXX?"
me- "yes"
them- "can i make a reservation at wherever town, usa?"
me- "yes, and with dates and times, i can even give you rates and availability"
them- "ok, let me call you back"

2. caller- "i'd just like a price for basic transportation, please"
me "?"

3- caller- "how much for SUV down town?"
me- "in what city please? "
caller- "just there on main street"
me- "i'm at a national reservation center world wide, sir, i
can help you if i knew the city, please."
caller "never mind, i'll just call back and speak to joe."

4- caller- " i need to keep my car longer, how much will it be?"
me- "may i have the car number off the contract, please?"
caller- "i don't have that, but i have the reservate number"
me- "i'm sorry sir, without the number off the contract, you
will need call back."
caller- "how about i got it in smalltown, and my name is joe?"
me - (in my head, listen bud, i need a certain number,
get it and call me back).

there are just so many of these instances, the list keeps growing. work sucks after a holiday, and today was no exception. it was deadly slow for the first 4 hrs of my shift, but after my 45 minute smoke break, it was back to back. it was as if the country awoke and needed to deal with car rentals. sheesh. at least the time flew by. i detest long pauses between calls, it makes the day drag so long.

tomorrow will undoubtedly be just as much fun. now, dont get me wrong, for the most part, i like my job. benefits being what they are, that is most important. however, the sameness of the calls sometimes gets to me. i try very hard to treat each caller as though they never ever rented a car before, and give them the time and information it takes to make an informed decision. but, man, oh man, sometimes, especially with frequent renters who play dumb, i have little patience for that.

'nuff said. that is how i spent my saturday. how'd you spend yours, my faithfuls?

20 comments:

  1. You make me laugh which is great. I spent today helping my 13 year old with a round the world trip assignment, you think you were frustrated(giggle) All I can say is she (we) better get good marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh which is great. I spent today helping my 13 year old with a round the world trip assignment, you think you were frustrated(giggle) All I can say is she (we) better get good marks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks. i wish you great marks on the project. (both of you)

    ReplyDelete
  4. poethttp://hideawaypoet.blogspot.comNovember 26, 2006 at 3:14 AM

    thanks. i wish you great marks on the project. (both of you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I did this weekend.... but my fave is #2 and my smartass response would've been... walking is FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I did this weekend.... but my fave is #2 and my smartass response would've been... walking is FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It felt good to laugh poetThanks :Pxxx darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't run across too many people who play dumb. But I do seem to run across a lot who are doing it for real. :)Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I had to deal with that, I would end up screaming. Maybe that's why I don't work in a call center. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. And to think, people will probably get even more interesting as the holidays approach. I spent my saturday doing very little. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the smile you brought to my face, people playing dumb---I think they are just being genuine who they are ----just watch them on the road---:)Hope you are having a good week.I hope Kitty is doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the smile you brought to my face, people playing dumb---I think they are just being genuine who they are ----just watch them on the road---:)

    Hope you are having a good week.

    I hope Kitty is doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, I love the post title!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good stuff! It must be maddening at times! Although, I think you encounter people like that in every profession - calling in and asking stupid questions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good stuff! It must be maddening at times! Although, I think you encounter people like that in every profession - calling in and asking stupid questions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry for the lack of posting. you all know what it can be like, right? it is another fantastic F for F weekend here in cal center hell. take it easy. poet

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry for the lack of posting. you all know what it can be like, right? it is another fantastic F for F weekend here in cal center hell. take it easy. poet

    ReplyDelete
  18. i messed up guys. follow me to thepoetm.blogspot.com that is where the new stuff will be. i will leave this page up until i get all my links for your pages reloaded. long story, short day. sleep well, my faithfuls! poet

    ReplyDelete
  19. i messed up guys. follow me to thepoetm.blogspot.com

    that is where the new stuff will be. i will leave this page up until i get all my links for your pages reloaded. long story, short day.

    sleep well, my faithfuls! poet

    ReplyDelete