Monday, August 13, 2007

pics of mom

dscf0013.jpgdscf0015.jpg

mom's birthday is coming up. 16aug, she will be 80! we went out to spend sunday with her. kath crocheted a beautiful table runner for her and she loved it.  the kids came out and we had a lovely supper with her. though she tires easily, i think she enjoyed the day. 

this is a short post, because i need to get ready to head out to mom's today. the water tester guy is coming this morning and i need to be there to see what is what. i am becoming more involved in what goes on since dad's passed away.  i try and do everything i can to make it easier for mom. so much to do, so little time it seems. 

there are times when i wish i was 10 again, and everything was simple. the biggest decision i had to make was where to ride my bike, or who i was spending the hot, summer days with. responsibility is ok, but, just for a day......

more later. 

4 comments:

  1. That table running is beautiful!

    I totally understand what you mean by wishing you were 10 again. I feel the same way so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life was so simple and easy for us as children---so few decisions we made had impacts that were important in life---the decisions we made were for that moment---and now we have so many decisions that we make and they impact not only our well being but others as well. If only---

    I know your mom appreciates all you do and the time you are with her---what a beautiful table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweet daughter you know how I feel Honey. She is very lucky to have you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I trust your Mum had a lovely birthday. That's a gorgeous table runner Kath crocheted.

    And I too, wish I was still 10 sometimes, not often, but like when the land rates go up and all the fighting over taxes carry on...never would've given these a second thought at 10 lol

    ReplyDelete