In the 80s and 90s there were a lot of shows held there. and usually jam packed too. not so much anymore, and that is sad. maybe it just costs too much to bring the big entertainers here now a days. Some of the big acts I have seen include but not limited to:
Conway Twitty (3) May '77, '78, Oct '87
George Jones (4) Nov '82, March '84, Apr '98, Oct '05
Johnny Cash (2) May '79, Oct '87
Kenny Rogers (2) Sep '84, Mar '89
Loretta Lynn July '88
Randy Travis (2) April '89, May '91
Rankin Family (2) Oct '94, Dec '95
Reba McEntire (2) Oct '88, April '91
Ricky Skaggs (2) May '84, July '85
The Judds Nov '90
the bolded days are the shows i saw. awesome opening acts too. i just wonder why they don't have so many big names come anymore? as you can see, i was in a country phase during those concerts. now i would still go see these artists. i have always had an eclectic taste in music, everything from big band era to some metal, some good old tyme rock n' roll (yeah i am thinkin' bob seger here), and many different genres in between.
so tell me....who have you SEEN in concert? where and what date? are you still into going to shows?
now Im going to have to think about my list too.
ReplyDeleteFunny, I had been thinking of doing something like this with the cars I have owned.
Lea
oh thank you for another great idea for a post, lea. :) are you ever going to blog again? maybe a new one? i'd follow , you know :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and yes.. I still go to shows if I can make it fit my schedule and cost.
ReplyDeleteSeems lately all the ones I want to see are in towns several hours away and on Tuesday nights.
Hard to explain all the funny vacation days just to go. LOL
Lea
I've also seen the Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, and George Jones in concert! :)
ReplyDelete