Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekly WrapUp

well, lets' see. seems i have two topics here on the p(a)lace; cats and work. 
first lets go with cats--they are all fine. :)  work, not so much. the schedule for next week has been authorized.....not lookin' good, folks. monday-denied, tuesday ( i sent an email that i am unavailable due to my executrix duties with my accountant), wed, thur, fri, = 4 hr shifts. blarghh. i need a job that will give me at least 25 hrs a wk, (at a decent wage, i might add). 

enough about that. it snowed twice this week. last nights' snow was not worth shovelling, so all good there. kane loves the snow. he runs in it like a pup (he is 2.5 yrs old). he digs holes and sniffs, and when he brings his head up, he is snow covered. he is so cute that way. except when he brings it in the house. oh well, snow melts. :) 

not much else to report on. glad to see some comments (that are not mine:)

we did a little house work (as little as we find we can get away with), and i repotted some plants, and gave them all their monthly shot of scotts plant food in their watering). yeah, they love me. i love plants, always have. i like big ones, and small ones, philodendrons (we have three), and some i have no clue what they are called, but they look nice. i dislike when i have to toss one that is dying, because it is not completely dead, and i grow attached to them. we have three plants that we have had since our first apartment, over 8 years ago. 

tonight is sunday family supper day. it is M's turn this week, can't wait to see what is in store for us. the rotating dinners is a great idea, too. why we had not thought of it sooner is beyond me. 

make today GREAT~ you are the only one who can~ poet.

6 comments:

  1. I always feel better about life when I feed & water my house plants. I miss being in my garden in the winter and this is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing that Poet likes to do the plant thing. If left up to me (the one with the black thumb) we'd have dead plants. I know this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love plants too.
    I have a forest in my house and began giving them away because small plants get big.
    Really big.
    Especially cactus plants who grow to 20 feet high but they don't tell you that when you buy the little tinny pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the job hours... but just keep looking and you will find something better me dear. I can't keep houseplants... I just end up killing em!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is pretty!
    I love plants too but they don't love me. Can't figure out why I don't have a green thumb!
    Hope your work schedule gets better for you, Poet!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear things are going well for you--but sorry about the job/work stuff. I can't imagine how challenging that is.

    On the plus side, congrats on losing 10 pounds! (Saw that in your comment on my blog.) Also, since you like growing plants, have you ever tried sprouting seeds? I'm starting to get into it now...it's a super-easy way to get super-healthy, homegrown food (sprouts) in the wintertime. :) If you're interested, leave me a comment, and I'll send you the details.

    ReplyDelete