I walk the dog twice a day in our -15 to -37C temperatures. ugh, snot freezing cold. No worry about running noses, froze :)
We have little felt booties for Kane (the dog), because last winter when it was so cold, he was holding up his feet (makes it hard when he tries to pee) because he has to balance.
Today was a little warmer, only -11C when I took him for his walk. He actually only got one walk because I felt the need to jump right into new job. oh, I worked on three files today....go me!
We are expecting another storm...in fact, it has already begun to snow a little. Just enough to make the roads a little greasy. I think the weathernetwork is calling for up to 25cms overnight and into tomorrow, with the heaviest amounts by Wednesday evening. yippee! It is weather like this when I am most appreciative of the whole work from home thing. I mean, we don't have to go anywhere to do our jobs. That is awesome. Jammies, a cup of tea, and away we go. ;)
Our accountant was supposed to come over tomorrow to get some stuff for the final return, but due to the impending storm, she rescheduled with us for Thursday. Yay, will be so glad to get that done and over with. Being an executrix is hard work, even for a small estate; so many details to tend to. I am happy to be doing it, making sure that every i is dotted, and every t is crossed. I think Mom and Dad would be very proud of me.
After that gets all done, the estate can get settled and the bank account closed. I'm still working through my loss. And with the end drawing near, there will be more loss. I'm getting closer to acceptance that my brother has his own reasons for alienating himself from me and the family unit. I have held onto some anger for a very long time, but anger only hurts me. He knows not the effect that his absence in my life has been. I've tried to open communication lines, but he is very business like with no real emotion or connection to me. I guess that is something I still have to work on. He is who he is, I am who I am. And when this is all said and done, there will be no reason to communicate further. (it has only been professional and cold now). It's just easier to let him go. (I'm somewhat contradictory in this post...one minute I sound OK, the next, still confused and hurt).
I'm still very hurt that he did not attend Mom's funeral. I am sure he had his reasons for staying away, just as I had my reasons for being there. It is something I will never understand, because the way I grew up, family was a unit, and one looks after family. a falling out means nothing in death. Family members came from near and far to be there to pay respect to my Mom, and to me. Friends of mine who I have not hung around with in years came to support me. I will always be grateful for that show of support and of love. I'm sorry that he has to carry whatever burden he does. It is not for me to know.
That which I cannot control, only I have the power to let go of, or forgive, or accept. I'm working toward that goal. The goal to just not care, to not be affected by it further. A work in progress.
I am not a lover of snow. don't think I would like to live in your part of the world.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad when someone decides to leave his family. Lots of pain in that. Forgiveness takes a long time and is easier some days than others.Be easy on yourself and eventually you just learn to put the hurt in a far corner of you heart.
You certainly have had more than your fair share of hard things to deal with. Hang in there.
Glad the job is looking good.
"it is what it is"... I see a letting go and a sense of freedom for you. While you are dotting those "i's" don't forget you are connecting the dots too.... Love you Poet!! Lambie
ReplyDeleteAww Poet, I know what you are going through with your Brother, I have got the same scenario with mine and it is very hurtful. Good news about the job though - you sound like you are really enjoying it which is cool!
ReplyDelete