Thursday, March 24, 2011

My earliest memory.....

was sitting on the organ bench beside my Dad.  He would play such tunes as Spanish Eyes, Please Release Me, and Green green grass of Home. I was about 3 or 4 years old. He would play the chords and the foot pedals, and would hold my hand in his and play the melody. Sometimes, Mom & Dad would sing, but mostly it would just be Dad & I, in front of that big, beautiful Hammond.  I can play a bit, can't read a lick of music, all by ear, and all transposed into the key of C. 

Dad could read music and play by ear. He played really well. I miss hearing him play. 

copy and paste in browser if you care to take a trip back. 
make today GREAT, only you can ~poet



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s__QO9kG0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZO9xeYA8g&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvwnqCUz2bI&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is a lovely post. It is awesome that you can remember spending time with your dad so long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie- yes I have a number of memories, I think I will post more of them.

    ReplyDelete