Monday, October 31, 2011

We had snow yesterday was well, not as much as was called for, and any is really uncalled for this time of year. I did not shovel the deck off, I did push the slushy mess off the step, a nice sheen of ice lay in its place. It is chilly today, but there is enough heat in the sun to melt it away.  I am willing it away.

We have cats. we've lost pets, we crave the warm furry bodies, the purring and the contentment that comes from them. We now have 4 cats, 1 dog, and 2 guinea pigs. yeah, we're that crazy. Our newest addition is Randy, a small tuxedo kitten we adopted to help heal our hearts after Pepe passed away. He is 3 months old now, and full of P & Vinegar :)

Today is 6 yrs since we moved into this home. On hallowe'en eve. We were finishing up getting stuff outta the apartment, and kids were knocking on the door--trick or treat! Hey you wanna broom, its all we have here. Then at the new home, our home now, kids were ringing the door bell...trick or treat!! Yeah we just moved in tonight, and didn't have a chance to set up the candy station, sorry, here is some cat food, we just unpacked it, you want some of that? 

We are not doing Hallowe'en this year. Bestus is working late, and since I just began another new job, I am not home until after 6pm this evening. When I get home, I'll take Kane for his walk, and then we'll hide in the office until the threat of trick or treaters is gone. 

I started with WeCare last week. had orientation on Friday, and then in the afternoon, got a call to do a sitting job at the hospital from 8-4 on Saturday. It was fine. Today is the beginning of my schedule. I'm hoping it will get more filled in as time goes on, because at $9.50/hr I need full time hours. I've never worked for this low a wage. I was told that there is something supposed to be signed between gov't & home support that will make the wage $11/hr, that would be better, but still a low wage for the work that gets done. 

I like the first client. very nice gent. We're going to get on well. I'm hoping the same will be true for the gent this afternoon. I'm looking forward to building rapport and routine with my new clients. :) 

Well, time for lunch and then off to client #2 from 2-6 this afternoon. Make today GREAT!! only you can...........with love, poet. 













1 comment:

  1. Halloween was never one of my favorite holidays. Too much candy in the house...beckoning me.

    ReplyDelete