Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blowing the dust off

hello blog. (sound of blowing the dust off). Yes I know, it has been so long since I logged in here, and posted something. January was uneventful. Not too much back pain lately. New client here and there. Not a lot of snow, but never had a January thaw either. 

February was also lacking in snow, but that hasn't hurt my feelings at all. I have only had to buy one jug of gas for the snow blower. Come to think of it, the snow blower has only been used five times this entire season. Is that not AWESOME? To me it is. I mean, I do enjoy doing that job, but I haven't felt like going outside much (at all). Winter isn't the same as it was when I was a kid. When it was all fun and frolics. Which hill were we going to slide down? Will we go cross country skiing or head to the Canal for a skate? Ah, winters of my youth. 

March, well March sucked. We lost another one of our furkids. Jake was 9.5 years old. 2 weeks ago tomorrow he stopped eating. 2 weeks ago Monday, he stopped drinking, and he began meowing at the windows and the doors wanting to go out (which he never EVER did in all our years together). And two weeks ago Tuesday he had his final vet appointment, and was helped across Rainbow Bridge by Dr. Susan. A card from the vet office arrived yesterday sending along sympathies to us at this time. How thoughtful was that? We received a card from them after Pepe crossed the Bridge as well. 

We miss Jake very much. He was never a minutes trouble, he was never sick, he never really did anything out of the ordinary. He was here and now he is gone and we miss him so much. 

I put my name in at the Oromocto & Area SPCA last week, for a male kitten, up to three months of age. I know that kitten season is starting, and there will be many kittens arriving at the local shelters. And I will save two lives....the one I adopt, and the one that can be taken in in his place. 






RIP Jakers, our "Cowardly Lion". We love & miss you
Jake A. MacQuarrie-Webb
August27, 2002-March13, 2012

7 comments:

  1. So sorry about your loss. It's funny how much our pets can worm their way into our hearts and what a big hole they leave when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cats are family to us also so I can't imagine the pain you're feeling. I feel for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. We were so not expecting Jake to pass away. We were ill prepared. I know he is at peace now, and he is not suffering (for I am pretty sure he was suffering with those bleeding ulcers in his mouth, and lord knows what else was going on inside his poor little body). We just miss his quiet presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you think it meant that he was howling to go out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He wanted to go away to die, Kate. He's at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Poet, just wanted to check in on my old friends, Hows the non smoking going? Sorry to hear about Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loving cat also, i had a cat named Jake im sorry about your loss

    ReplyDelete