i have always said that everyone needs a hobby. mine, it would appear, for the past year nearly, is collecting blog pages, and trying out different hosts for blogging. i have quite a collection, but i keep coming back to blogger. hmmm.
i have been searching out photo blogs lately. i love pictures, and i love taking them. i just need to find the easiest way to post them. my 15 minutes of fame, as it were. a couple of months ago, it was 'collecting' instant messaging thingys. before that, blog pages again. i would join different 'communities' and see where it took me. i have 'met' some very nice people along the way. i must let you all know that kelly
is the one who showed me this blogging world. thank you kelly for introducing me to the wonderful world of blogdom.
everyone's reason's for blogging are different. some people have their page set up to let people from away know what is happening in their lives. others use it to promote goods and services. mostly, my reason is to try and get over the 'writers' block that i have had for so long. i haven't written a poem or a short story in ages. i used to write lots of poetry. i have a little tattery ole' binder book full of scraps and loose leaf. from the early 80s and 90s.
i do most of my real deep writing when i am in a "dark". that period of depression that envelopes my mind in a dense, grey fog. not having been in a "dark" for quite some time, the poetry eludes me. odd isn't it?
i write here just to let you all know what is going on in my head at a given time. i try to write honestly and about things that i know about. i explore other blog pages in search of the meaning of life, theirs', mine, the world as a whole, or in part.
i guess i began joining other blogging hosts so that i could make comments to pages of interest to me. and i have made some connections here through the WWW. what can i say? everyone needs a hobby.
I have the same, I think I'm part of practically every blogprovider there is, but none of them have as much possibilities as blogger has (for free versions that is).
ReplyDeleteA few years ago I had a blog at blogger, I just never wrote at it. I don't know what changed it, but I suddenly became addicted and it feels nice to have so many people dropping in, leaving you messages. It makes the world feel a whole lot friendlier.
I'm glad you have this hobby. How else could you have met all those people you have met through your blog?
I am so glad this is 1 of your hobbies I would so miss you if you weren't around. I am similar with poetry so I understand that place. Its good your not in a dark place but bummer for the writers block. Maybe you should share some old stuff, just a thought (smile)
ReplyDeleteHoping ur well and talk to you soon :)
Hmmm, never really thought of blogging as a hobby, but I guess it is. I tend to think of it more like socializing while I'm hanging out in my pajamas with my hair messed up from the day. :)
ReplyDeleteHey M! Thanks for the nice words about me on your blog today *awh, shucks*, lol :D. I'm glad you enjoy blogging so much! Your page is one of the first I visit each day :).
ReplyDeleteI started writing a blog at first because I was alone so much with Oil Man always gone but then it became my hobby too. The Blog world is great.
ReplyDeleteI wish i had the time to visit other providers, i have too many other hobbies thats the trouble. I find "bloggers" to be the nicest people, just like you!
ReplyDeleteI am like you in that I have lots of interests and they tend to shift back and forth. These days I am doing a lot of shopping. That is something that I am very cyclical about.
ReplyDeleteHobbies are great.