Sunday, February 4, 2007

the collection grows/and other stuff

or rather, i linked to my old wp page, to get some stuff off the side bar. there are some good posts written there. i made a new wp page, and well, the addiction continues. blah blah blah.

so, the climate has changed again. it is now -15C with wind chill. yesterday, it got all the way to -2C, and of course, we had that light crop of snow (10 cms). in a little while, when i deem enough time has passed playing here, i will don the winter woolies and venture out to tidy up a section of the driveway where it drifted in slightly. i have to have it neat. talk about anal?

pity i wasn't as anal about the indoors as i appear to be with regard to the outdoors, or 'curb appeal' of our beautiful home. with all the homes looking the same, (it is a mini home park), the subtle difference is curb appeal. i want that come spring, and by god, i will have it. there are so many ideas floating around in my head, about which flowers to plant where, a tree and a bush, a flagstone patio with a privacy fence of lattice. my rocks that are outside right now under 3 feet of snow. what flowers to plant around them.

i actually am a tad on the anal side with regard to the home being more of less in order. with the extreme lack of storage space (yup, i am on that I NEED A SHED thing again), everything needs to be put away for some sort of order.

having seven cats doesn't appear to add to the clutter or mess (she said dryly). the hair balls, and clumps of sheddings are everywhere. one could vacuum every day, *we don't but should* to keep on top of that. i did vacuum on friday, as well as dust, and it could be done again, *not*.

well, enough of the rambling for now. have a good day, my faithfuls, and stay warm (or cool, shaz). poet.

5 comments:

  1. Hey honey shoveling snow as i sit and sweat in front of the fan is an awesome concept, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cold here, too. I'd really like a garage so I don't have to plug the car in. Right now the seed catalogs are coming in the mail and I'm dreaming of fixing my new gardens this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till spring. I never expected it to be this dern cold here, no snow, just frigid. Brrrr, if I wanted cold I could have stayed in the North.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is really cold here as well. I can imagine the cat hair that piles up, as I have two dogs running around the house, and it seems like I run the swiffer vac everyday (though having hard wood floors does make it easier).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unacknowledged GeniusFebruary 8, 2007 at 4:46 AM

    I'm itching to get outside and play in the dirt too!

    ReplyDelete