Friday, February 23, 2007

of mice and microsoft

so last july (24th to be precise), we went to futureshop to invest in yet another optical wireless mouse. (this occurs far more frequently than we like). we even purchased the extended warranty for an additional $9.99. so here it is 23feb and i have to take microsoft wireless mouse to future shop, with my receipt and get us another mouse. i was looking online at future shop AND staples, and found identical mouses mice from logitech and the staples price is less. so here is what i hope to accomplish today: get the mouse we have decided on and not pay a cent, maybe even get a credit. $68.00 not even a year ago better buy me something that lasts longer than a year, by golly. i will update this post after i get back from doing battle with futureshop!

update: all is well in the land of mice. we now have (at no cost to us) a lovely new logitech cordless optical mouse. for how long....wait and see! the warranty is still good until july 2008, so lets see how long this one lasts, shall we? 

11 comments:

  1. That's a fun game..seeing how long various applicances, gadgets etc..will last. oooh. so. fun. -Congrats on scoring the new mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought about the warranty on a mouse to be honest. I've had the same one attached to my PC from when I bought it almost 3 years ago. It's Microsoft optical, not cordless, and I'm very attached to my mouse lol. I DO like the cordless ones, I use one at work, but this one will do me quite fine for now.

    Good luck with it...long live the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no luck with wireless mice so I stick to the wired one besides its easier to sit back in the chair and whirl the mouse around by the cord.
    The wireless one just takes off and smashes against the wall LOL

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. when we first bought this computer system, it came with everything we needed. that was in 2002. it is a dell 4600 model, which was top of the line at the time. it came with a dell wireless keyboard and mouse, canoscan scanner, epson printer fujicamera, altec lansing surround sound 5 speakers system and booster, flat screen and all the software i thought i needed at the time. we are still using the same scanner (i did get it figured out how to get it operational again). we are on the third printer, and replaced one hard drive. then there is the mouse thing. all in all we have had no major problems. hard drive was the biggest thing, and at the time, k knew someone who would replace it for us for a very small fee.

    nice to see you again lisa, been a long time, huh? how is the weather there? nice i bet. we had a beautiful day here, +2C and a few little fluffy flurries. hope it stays like this, we have a little over 4 feet of snow in the yard that should be melting away.

    walker, thanks for coming over too. i have been lurking, but not commenting much. just reading. i have wired mouse at work, don't like it. but that is just me. besides, this one has a little switch to save battery life, too, and because of the warranty, it was "free". have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a mouse once that came with a wireless keyboard. The keyboard installed well but the mouse was a no go. It's hiding in the closet along with my old computer gathering dust bunnies. I should try again on my new computer.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Iappreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping for a mouse....meant a whole other thing 20 years ago :)

    love to you xoxo Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. um, darlene? what did it mean about 20 years ago? i don't get out much, you see. kinda sheltered, me.....could you enlighten me please? i am going to slap my own forehead when you tell me what it meant, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a 4600 too, replaced two hard drives, throught I was going for three last week. I've had a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for some time and haven't had any problems with them (knock on wood).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The logitech optical mouse I had lasted me years, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I much prefer a patio over a deck. I hope you will post pictures when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete