Tuesday, March 13, 2007

sadness

sadness finds us again. last weekend, BUD was very ill, and we have decided that it is time to make that appointment for the vet.  thursday night, we'll drive him to the clinic, and hold him as he passes into the next phase. we miss him already, but this is best. he has been steadily losing weight, and is constantly craving food, only to throw up. it is time. i have so many memories of this little guy. such a great cat he has been. he has never caused a moment's grief, and has been a great and loyal friend.

he was adopted from a co-worker of mine, he was only 4 weeks old (i was told he was old enough to leave and to take him). his eyes were blue, and he had a fuzzy covering of grey hair, the sleek black that lay underneath came out as he grew.  he had always been a sleek boy. stealthy as a hunter. he roamed the farm for 13 years, and then had a rough couple of years until he came back to me. we have given him lots of love and he rebounded from near feral existence. we love him.

on my picasa2 page, there is an album named for him. i am steadily adding photos as they get scanned (predigital age). when it is completed, i will have a photo documentation of his life, as i will always have my memories. 

meanwhile, here is one of my favorite photos of my boy. dscf0013.JPG

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet, I love that you love him enough to let go. It is so hard and heartbreaking.
    Thinking of You xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. It's nice that you are going to stay with him, I'm sure he will appreciate it and not be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry. I know all too well what you are going through.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Bud.
    Its hard loosing a family memeber Hugz

    ReplyDelete