Tuesday, April 20, 2010

day 21 on champix. today was another 10 ...

day 21 on champix. today was another 10 ciggy day. tomorrow we are going to see if we can do 8 and so on until we get to monday when it will be none. so sunday the 25th will be the last day we have tobacco in the house. it is the only way. we have to just do it, as the nike commercials say. thanks for the support, TQ and Zoe, i was by and left hellos on your pages. i think it was today.

not much to report today. the champix seems to be making it so much easier to go longer stretches between smokes, but it is not taking the 'hit' away. hmmm, isn't it supposed to be tasting really bad by now? are we not supposed to be getting anything off this dumb cigarette? we shall let the meds continue to do their job. k is mentally preparing for monday. i am hopeful that i ,too, will be ready by then. i know all the reasons why it is no good for me to smoke, but it is just that i enjoy smoking. it is my last vice, and i will mourn it. after all i have been doing it for such a long time. we both have. it will take some getting used to , this new life of not smoking but i am sure we will adjust. time is on our side. besides, i can't really take the wheezing and hacking first thing in the morning for much longer.
just kinda rambling on so i will just say g'night,,,,,,,,poet

3 comments:

  1. hey poet. you will do fine just say to yourself I am not smoking anymore, this is it. During my first and second week I still enjoyed the cigerettes. It wasnt until I didnt smoke for a day and then had one that they started to taste bad. I have no idea what they would taste like now but Im not going to find out! Just keep busy and be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on the right path. I had similar feelings as I was counting down to quit day and not wanting it to come really because I enjoyed smoking, but I also wanted to get rid of the things I didn't enjoy - the hacking, the time watching, the being trapped, etc. Stick with the plan, do something inplace of having that cigarette, and quit! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday's coming up, right around the corner! Hope all is still going well this weekend with it all.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete