day 23 with champix. we are smoking alot less this week. maybe down to 6 or 7. we can go hours now until we have a smoke. 3 sometimes 4 hours. which is phenomenal to both k and i. thank you zoe, peets and TQ for your votes of confidence. we just have to do it now!! and we are going to. too much riding on not doing it. after all, we have told people about it, and are pretty much broadcasting it here in blog land.
funny story; when i stopped drinking, i did not tell anyone for a long time. fear of failure perhaps? can't remember. all i know is my subconscious had better plans for me than to have me drink myself to death. that was 7 yrs ago. i can't wait to say it is my this anniversary or that anniversary of not smoking. it is something that i am going to be equally proud of. k does not have an issue with alcohol, she is 'normal'. we do not have booze in the house, and out of respect for me, no one carts in here either. a few wks ago we had a family dinner out at a great restaurant, and three of our guests ordered beer (my drink of choice when i drank). i was so proud of self, i was not only not tempted, encouraged them. i can hardly wait until i will be comfortable in my own skin as a non smoker too.
have a good night my readers. until next time,,,,,poet
Wow, girl, please be careful. I can't remember if it was champix or chantrix or something like that I saw as a commercial on TV, by a law firm, because of the serious side effects from the drug. (severe depression & suicidal thoughts - YIKES!)
ReplyDeleteBut, I wish you the very best of luck with stop smoking! I quit for 2 short weeks back in October, then started back up again. Tried again on the first of April (with no luck), so I know how hard it is!
But, if you can tackle the alcohol, I have no doubt that you can tackle the nicotine, too! Stick with it! =)
ps. Have you tried other things, too? ... like the patch or nicorette ... or other chewing gum or suckers or things, to help w/the oral fixation?
ReplyDelete