Sunday, September 12, 2010

Study, Steady, Sunday~

Good Sunday morning, readers. I actually got a decent night's sleep last night. I have not been sleeping well for the last week, staying up too late, etc. "New Job" is what has taken me over. So much to learn, so little time. I took about an hour and a half last night just printing off my training manual and my quizzes. Now, I have to do them. I have two websites that I need to log into to listen to the training modules (that in itself is very new for me).  You know what they say, beginning a new job is about as stressful as any other life event. Even if it is going to be alright in the future, I am pretty stressed right now.

I pretty much have my desktop configured to log into the remote desktop for "New Job".  I have used one of those before, so that really was not an issue. However, all the different processes are a bit overwhelming. I will succeed. I know it. I have learned new jobs before, and it is always high stress at first.  I just have to focus on one part at a time. Baby steps, and a HUGE learning curve.

K is going to assist me in listening to calls, and role-playing today. Tomorrow in (virtual) class, we will do review and role-playing.  The one thing I am most grateful for in all of this is the fact that I get to do this from home.....where I am safe from office scents and issues that, in the past, have been very harmful to me. :)

I better go have my breakfast and open up some of the training stuff now, while I am 'fresh'. I love my naps :) Make today GREAT~ poet.

3 comments:

  1. Poet, I'm sending smiles and confidence to you and congratulations for jumping in so professsionally. I too am considering a work from home job, as the office politics of the last one wore me to the bone.

    Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks Sue. It is a challenge, but I think I am up for it. I am pretty sure that I would still be at my last job, if not for the office politics. I mean, I have never minded cube jobs, after I learned the job and the technical stuff. Just that with my allergies/asthma, when someone comes in with cologne on, i'm just done for. Some one made a comment to me that it is not the world's problem that I have sensitivites to these things....to which I replied, "but if there are rules in place, and people keep crossing those rules, I am the one who suffers". you would have no idea unless you lived with it. I think this is a post unto itself. ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first month is always the hardest.

    ReplyDelete