Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, monday~

It's been a while since I have actually had to worry about what day it was. The New Job si a great deal of training in a very short time. Only been at it for a week. There is a lot to do on my own time, good thing I can manage my time so well.  I have an umpteen page quiz to finish by end of the business day tomorrow. I have been working on it exclusively this w/end. This morning, in fact, I worked some more on it.

I am taking a little break right now, updating my blog here, and then going to go mow the lawn. Yes, it needs it again. I love mowing the grass. It always looks so nice when it is finished. It is nice and cool today, too, so I won't be a sweaty mess when I am done. :)

Back to training. There is so much involved, almost seems more than if I was sitting in a classroom. It is a little harder for me to get the gist of some things, when there is no one to turn around and ask a question to.  But, I will get it. I have downloaded all the applications I will need to perform on my shift. Using them will take some getting used to though.  I have used a Remote Desktop before, so that in itself is not difficult. The different programs we will use to process the chats and phone conversations, as well as coding sales etc, will need to be practiced, naturally.

The first few weeks of a new job is almost terrifying. I think back to how stressed I was learning Xplornet products and procedures. After about a month or so of using them and speaking with customers, I have to wonder why I was so worked up. Same goes for previous contact centre jobs I have held. I keep hearing my friend, Gary D's voice in my head....in his british accent, "Marta, first you get good, then you get fast". Thank you Gary for saying that way back when, I have thought of it often, and am trying to remember it as I begin this new journey.

Last night I slept all through the night again. God bless Gravol. I know, I really should not use sleep aids, but laying in bed until 4 stupid o'clock is not conducive to getting the proper rest I need so I can be on my game with this new job.   If you want to see what MarketLinc does, or perhaps you are looking for a work from home job, go here . Tell them you were referred by me ( there is an incentive plan in place for referrals ).

Ok, I am really gonna stop for now, as I need to go stretch my legs (behind the lawn mower). Make today GREAT!! until next time.~poet

4 comments:

  1. You can mow my lawn any time, Poet! (That is something you will never catch me doing!)

    Good luck on the job.

    Just thought it was high time I said hello to you at your blog!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. in deed it is, Judy, since I have linked you on my side bar :) have a wonderful day, make it GREAT~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry you'll get it just fine! And thanks sooooo much for changing the background of your blog - the white text on black background was hard to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Michele. I can use all kinds of that these days. Oh, and you're welcome on the blog layout change :) I like this template layout too. have a good evening. ~

    ReplyDelete