Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Born again blogs?

i began blogging almost 5 yrs ago. i had lots of time on my hands because i was off work after an operation. i blog hopped a lot, and then began my own. it was nice to publish myself. i just wrote whatever came to mind. i copied over some of my 'better'poems and stories and added them. i learned how to upload photos. after a while, i really began following a select number of other bloggers. leaving comments to follow me back to my hideaway. the community of bloggers is a tight knit bunch. we seem to give credit where credit is due, and sort of become intertwined in each other's lives. at least that is how it was.

then life got busy, work and what not, and my hideaway was neglected. i missed sitting here and emptying my head. anyway, the coming of facebook sort of took away that anonymity of blogging, the online experience became a little closer to reality. maybe it is my addictive personality, dunno. i got hooked on fb. for a while.

with being off work for the last year, i found myself returning to my little neglected blog. and i thought to myself , "self? why not incorporate all hobbies into one?". and joined into networked blogs. as well, i found my old first blog, (and i can not log into it anymore, god knows why), and on its sidebar was a list of blogs i used to really enjoy. so i clicked them, most of them are gone (not updated for months-as mine was), others really gone, deleted. but a few of my old favorites still remain, and i have begun following them again. and in kind, they have come back to me. like meeting up with an old friend sometimes.

and now, with those neat little blog linky things, i have discovered even more honest blogs to read, to leave a comment, and maybe that will be returned in kind, too. :)

the next thing i have noticed lately is a new breed of blogger, a lot of my friends from past jobs have taken up the art of blogging. i look forward to reading you all, and have already left my calling card for you!

make today GREAT~  poet

5 comments:

  1. I neglect mine for fb too.
    LOVE fb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya. i like fb, too, but it is nice to get back into the bloggy groove. thanks for stopping by, KMae. have a GREAT day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello poet,
    I noticed your comment on Miss healthy Pants and came over to check you out.
    FB and blogging seem to be two very different things. I know who all my fb friends are in the real world. My blog friends are mostly virtual friends that I've never met. I feel like I know them and would love to sit down with each of them, but that probably won't happen. I'm a long way from New Brunswick, Canada. it's not likely we will ever cross paths except here in the wonderful world of blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, with exception being made for a few bloggers on my fb friends list, i do know personally (in 3D). but, there is someting drawing about the blog community.....we are all somewhat like-minded, we like to write, even if we don't have anything 'exciting' to say. thank you MOM, for coming over. i have added you up on my list. make today GREAT~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don;t care for facebook.
    Well I do play theit poker game but other than that I don;t use it.
    I do have a couple of accounts for my personal life and another because of my blog but I rarely visit them.
    I'm a blogger i guess and than enough for me.
    Blogging is a window you could open or close as you want as it should be.
    We all have those times wqhen we don;t have the time all the time but is there when you do.

    ReplyDelete