Tuesday, October 19, 2010

friggus~

so there i was working away, hoping for at least a 4 hr shift (since this week got so cut back) when a message popped up from the chat supervisor. anyone doing XXXX project will be done after working 3 hours. (um that was at 3 minutes to 10p) i had taken a little break (because 10 min breaks are paid on a 4 hr shift) , and then only got a 3 hr shift. yes, i am sulking.

can someone tell me how i can make money at home? no i am not interested in working the corners either. i have tried to rationally deal with the issues of working outside the home, and they are too great. i mean, i cannot do it. period. nor can i go back to a call centre cube. why is it so hard to get a decent amount of hours working as a remote agent from here?

having a hard time making it a GREAT night. ~

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having a rough go of it...may have to get creative and come up with your own business.
    John & I are at a stage that we could never work at an office or for someone else ever again as well...its been probably 20 years for John and close to that for me too...so we've done all our own businesses. One that I would not recommend unless you reallylike other folks in your home(it's the only one we really didn't do well because we just aren't cut out for it)-B&B...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, it sounds tough having your hours all over the place like that. How can you manage when you don't know what you will be paid? Can you get another part-time job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make anything (like jewelry and such) and sell it on Etsy? My blog-friend Suzie turned selling designer clothes on eBay into her full-time job so she could spend more time with her young sons.

    I'm fortunate that I don't work in the office every day, I'm out in the field on jobsites about 75% of the time. I know I'd go batshit crazy working from home because this is my happy place and I want it to remain the place I go to get AWAY form work. LoL :)

    ReplyDelete