Gary is our largest cat. He resembles a Turkish Van, weighs in at 19 pounds and is about 36 inches long. i have yet to measure how tall he stands at the shoulder....but now i am curious. He is in his prime (turned 4 in april this year). He is one big kitty. that photo was taken about 2 yrs ago. He is much larger now. in fact, he is beginning to (finally) mellow a bit and be more of a people cat....snuggles under the covers at bedtime sometimes). he is just a most awesome cat.
You know, I find it quite amazing that Gary turned out the way he did. His mother was tiny and multicolored, and his father was a big orange Tom. How did Turkish Van get in the mix?? He IS gorgeous and has very, VERY soft fur!
Too cute! What unique colorings your kitty has. I had to do a double-take on that tail!
ReplyDeleteJudy
Gary is our largest cat. He resembles a Turkish Van, weighs in at 19 pounds and is about 36 inches long. i have yet to measure how tall he stands at the shoulder....but now i am curious. He is in his prime (turned 4 in april this year). He is one big kitty. that photo was taken about 2 yrs ago. He is much larger now. in fact, he is beginning to (finally) mellow a bit and be more of a people cat....snuggles under the covers at bedtime sometimes). he is just a most awesome cat.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I find it quite amazing that Gary turned out the way he did. His mother was tiny and multicolored, and his father was a big orange Tom. How did Turkish Van get in the mix?? He IS gorgeous and has very, VERY soft fur!
ReplyDeleteLOL, that is too funny! :)
ReplyDeleteOf course, I mean that he's so big, the picture looks funny. :) I can relate to having big-ass cats. :) :)
ReplyDelete