Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend.

What am I thankful for? First and foremost my bestus friend, k. She has shown me how to be more positive in this life. She has been a pillar of strength when I was at my weakest.  As well, her kids. You guys are the best ever. And I'm also thankful for free hair cuts, too :)   I am thankful for a comfortable home, happy & healthy pets, who make even sad days better. I am thankful for being able to live in a clean city, in a free country, and I am thankful for our service men and women who defend those freedoms.  I am thankful for my new job, and that I have the ability to do it from home.

I am thankful for my friends, both online and in 3D. I am thankful to be able to say I have friends I have known for 30+ years and still hold them as close in my heart as I did when we were childhood friends. And, yes, I am thankful for even the bad things that have happened in my life, for if not for those, I would not be where I am today. I am certainly thankful for getting sober and staying sober for all these years. I attribute that to my family and an online community called Women for Sobriety. I have been a member since 2000, and sober since 2003.  I have learned a great deal from that group, the 13 Statements, and how to just enjoy the things I have control over, and not worry about the things I don't. I have not mentioned the site before, but I need to give credit where credit is due. I also want to mention that if any of you out there knows someone, or yourself, who has a drinking or other substance abuse problem, I highly recommend WFS.

Getting off that soap box again now, and I have a question to ask you? What are you thankful for?   Make today GREAT~ poet.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am thankful for my bestus friend, you. You've seen me through some very dark days. I'm grateful that we laugh EVERY day. ;) I'm thankful for my two great kids. They mean the world to me and I'm very grateful that we are so close. I'm thankful that they come for supper every Sunday. (Although, I do know that that will change when their lives get busier ;), I will treasure it while I still can.) I'm thankful for our wonderful pets. They amuse me. ;)
    I, too, am thankful for our service men and women who defend our freedom. I cannot imagine what life would be without them.
    I will hopefully be very thankful for my new job, too. As soon as I get one. ;)
    I am thankful that life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am thankful for good health (not as great as it used to be, but better than many others my age), my relationship of 29yrs, a home to life in, a car & rv to drive. And for our cat BooBoo.

    ReplyDelete