Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday SnapShot #2

happy 20th november readers. we are having this outside today.


i was out in it earlier, collecting for the Canadian Diabetes Association, and it was not a nice walk. i only have our street to do, actually, there are 20 pages in the donation book. now there are a lot more than 20 houses on this street, one would think it would be no problem to get that booked filled, right? well, think again, dear readers. i will go out again later on. (i have until the end of the month to get 'er done). 

be careful walking out there. there are patches of ice beneath that dusting of snow. i know, i found one, and landed flat on my back. and it hurt, i think i hit my head, although there is no bump on the back of my head. but the front of my head hurts, and k won't let me sleep, in case i have a concussion. yippee. 

oh the photographer was here promptly at 2pm to take some pics for the article that my journalist/friend is writing about telecommuting. he was here a total of 4 minutes. maybe 5. no time wasted there. would be nice if we could see the photos before they are published, but he was not here long enough. we'll cross our fingers that they are ok.

oh i wanted to add another snapshot. this one is of Pepe and Tink on top of the cabinet in the bathroom. They seem to enjoy each other's company lately. bottom picture is of the wee two on my bed.

3 comments:

  1. so it is 930pm now. my head is not so sore, just very mild (rated at a 1 or 2) around my temples and forehead. k wanted to know if we should go to the ER, nah, it will get better. not to worry. i had a HOT soak in the bathtub, because now my back and left hip hurt, my neck is a little stiff, too. fabulous. it sucks to fall when one gets older. but i am sure i will be ok. no broken bones, or brain damage ( i hope)
    have a good night, friends~ *make tonight GREAT~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God!
    I was backing out of the house, down the side steps carrying a tray of stuff to take to the back yard grill last summer. I missed a step & fell hard - flat on my back. It knocked the wind out of me. I was so grateful to be able to get up & walk! Still wondering if I messed something up in my head from that... heh heh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl! I actually fell on the street in Chicago this SUMMER! There was obviously no ice--I just was really really rushing and tripped over my own two damn feet. I ripped my nylons and had bloody knees, but I was more embarrassed than anything. :) A couple of strangers stopped to help, which was nice--yet embarrassing, too. *grin*

    Anyway, hope you're feeling all better now! :)

    And hey, I didn't know you lived in Canada?? I would LOVE to hear about how you feel about health care, taxes, government, etc. in your country. :) I threaten to move to Canada every time our country takes a step backwards in healthcare, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete