Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week wrap up, been busy....

I've been busy all week with the new job. I guess I was not living up to her expectations, but was granted one more week to prove myself. This is the end of week three (or only 15 days) on the job. I am just learning. 

And the stress of that is aggravated by an upcoming move. We're not moving, but 'm' is moving in. She and her bf are taking time apart while he finds himself. Meanwhile, she is hurt. I am more of a mama bear than I thought, feeling really badly for her. The upside is that she will be here where we can spoil her. She has a cat, BJ, and we're not sure how that is gonna work. Well, we have introduced cats before. I wonder about Gary, he is a *bit of a bully. I guess we'll see. Oscar, the guinea pig is also coming, she is so cute. And we'll have Murphy here part time. Everything will work  out, we'll all make sure it does.

So, anyway, the mover is booked, and the storage unit will waiting. And what was K's office will be 'm's room. What a job to get things out of there. It will take a while for me to go through stuff. I got my littler closet done, and packed back up again. (These minis don't have a lot for storage room). (and yeah  the shed? hahahaha...let's not even go there, OK?)  I might have to see what I can do out in the shed tomorrow and see what more I can take out there. We bought 4 big Rubbermaid totes and 7 of those vacuum seal bags today, so that will help. and I got two bags of toss stuff done, 2 bags for donate, one for spring yard sale. But there is still much to do. Good thing we have 2 wks to get things done. After everything (except the freezer, we have NO where else to move it to), is out of there, a washing down has to be done, and new heavier curtains purchased, and all that. Want to make it as cozy as possible. M's gonna purchase a twin bed (no way a queen would fit in that room), well if you didn't want anything else in there it might. Ha ha.

K's desk and computer are returning to the living room. I need to rearrange the networking for all of us, since we all three work from home for the same company. No problem, we got it covered. We did this before, when 'r' lived with us. Everything worked out then, and everything will work this time. 

So, we've decided in amongst all of this we're going to quit smoking. Yes, we're going to give it another go. We'll be armed with patches and determination. Looking at next week, since we're not buying any more tobacco. We're both pretty much ready this time. And 'm' doesn't smoke, so it will be a good reason to stop, too. 


Make today GREAT, only you can~ poet.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm sorry I've been away so much...but I am proud of you for making the decision to stop smoking! I've learned recently that smoking is one of the five #1 causes of heart disease. So you might as well eliminate that factor! :)

    And good luck with your friend (?) moving in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Poet, it sounds like you've been busy! I feel tired just reading your post. Good luck with the job, and I bet you are looking forward to your daughter moving back in aren't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SMOKE?????????????????????????
    OMG.

    ReplyDelete