so yeah, it has been a while since I blogged here. I did manage to post a few photos of the most important event of my life ( so far). Hope you all liked the wedding shots. I'm pretty happy, and will always be so blessed to be able to marry the one I have truly loved for a number of years now. There is something to be said for that closet door coming off its hinges and being swung wide open. The air is fresher, the sky is bluer, the clouds are fluffier, everything is just better. Thank you Canada for being open minded and accepting all your subjects as equals.
the new job is 3 months long now. I am fine with the tenants. I'm even fine with the lack of organization. My co workers (most of 'em) are a riot to work alongside. the boss and her sidekick are the most difficult to get along with though.
I endured my three month review Friday. boss lady (BL) began with "So are you happy here? I'm not feeling it". and it went down hill from there. Apparently, I don't care to follow instruction well, am abrupt and defensive. And I never say hello first to the BL. Um, my peripheral vision is not that great, so if i am looking straight ahead, and she is in her office i don't see her, unless i turn my head to look in. You never say hi first.....wth? are you like 12?
there was another instance where I was very over bearing, and took BL aback. It was regarding the schedule. *back history- I offered to work each and every weekend the following shifts: Sat 8-8, sun 8-4 in hopes of having two days off in a row, and not being scheduled in for an 8-8 or a 4-10 on Sundays. well, the 2 days off in a row were going OK, but i was forever getting 8-8s on Saturday AND Sunday. so when the last schedule came in i approached her (nicely but authoritatively. (i refuse to back down when i am right). so she got on about my attitude, and I told her that my attitude was one of discontent because you had not honoured you part of the schedule deal. she said she had simply forgotten, and did apologize. after the apology i accepted that, but left the task of repairing the damage to her, either give me 8-4s only on Sundays, or i guess I'll ask for every other w/end off. her choice. she fixed this recent schedule save one shift. we'll see how the next one goes. I hate to have to go in again....
the second thing she was taken aback with was an instance when a co worker was in the lounge, TV on, and she had drifted off to sleep. In her defence, she was quite ill with migraine, and had not begun her shift yet. BL told lme that I was to tell her that shes ought to use the staff room couch for naps. she was not to be in the tenant lounge sleeping. I told her that actually, it was HER job to tell her staff that, not mine. (after all, I am lower on the co worker hierarchy in relation to sleepy co worker in question. That is up to a manager to deal with, not me. and I told her so. sheesh, how old is she , 12?
the evaluation just got better (sarcasm) from there. and BL did say on more than one occasion that if it were up to her solely, she would fire me on the spot (during the evaluation)(I had my hand on my key by now anyway). but then she said she had also interviewed some of the tenants in the building and wanted their thoughts on my attitude, my work, etc. They all love me, i do good work, i make them feel loved, cared for and special. (which for the record IS MY JOB).
Long story short.....BL has extended my probation period until 2 Sept, when she will have another meeting with me, and interview more tenants, and talk to other staff.
I have a little trip to a new place to offer my resume tomorrow. It will be a union protected career and a decent hourly wage, with room for advancement. I have 19 years left to hang out in the workforce, and it would be nice to have a pension (besides CPP /Old Age) to live off of. Not letting the cat outta the bag until after i have more details, like announcing a new career. stay tuned my faithful readers. Enjoy today. *gentle hugs* with love, poet.
Congrats on your wedding.
ReplyDeleteyour closet door was never an issue for me open or closed. But glad you finally got it open. Good luck with your employment.
Many ((hugs)) back at ya!!
ReplyDeleteLea