not much to write about. I have been working for a home support company since the end of October. Not getting full time hours, but at least there was a wage increase from minimum to $11/hr. The company doesn't pay mileage anymore though, so I am keeping track of the miles I drive for clients, and will submit at income tax time.
meanwhile, I did apply (about 8 times) to a local three building facility where they provide three different levels of care for seniors. A couple of weeks ago, I applied online for a position in their housekeeping department. I had not heard anything for a few days, so I decided to march up there with resume in hand and ask to speak with the power that is in charge of hiring. I had an impromptu meeting with the man, and he set up an interview for the following Monday. I did that, and then I didn't hear anything back. I just figured it was because of Christmas and everything being slowed down over the holidays. I even found an email address and sent a message to the attention of the man I spoke with. I received an email this afternoon saying thanks but we hired internally. hmph.
I have been really good not doing anything since Friday. I even got stranded on the toilet because of muscle spasms being so bad I could not move without searing pain across my lower back.
being off for a few days because of my back is not helpful. i get very discouraged when something like this happens. the old injury to my back gets aggravated with the type of work I do. I need a new back. Went to the OPH ER Saturday morning and sat there for hours. I have an Rx for flexerall (those nifty little pentagon shaped pills), but they are not helping as much as they have in the past.
I did it at work. There is one client that I am required to assist in transfer from his w/chair to the transfer bench in the bathtub. This is no easy feat. He calls me 'rugged' because I have no problem helping him in and out of the w/chair etc. Friday was different, it really hurt, but i could not tell him that. I managed to get through the rest of my clients that day and came home in agony.
I called the office every day and told them i needed to book off. I'm sorry to have to do that, but the pain is too bad, and I cannot do really anything more than companionship when this happens. Anyway, I am going to give tomorrow a go. I have a 4 hour client, so surely I can get what needs done in that time without hurting myself further. The office didn't seem too concerned, i explained out exactly what happened and the result and they were like, OK so are you working tomorrow?
I really do need a new job. But what do I wanna be when I grow up? I am forbidden by previous doctor to work in a contact centre environment due to my allergies and asthma issues. ( I did apply for one, and they had told me it was scent free during the interview--but then called and said they would not hire me out of concern for my health). I am trying hard to get full time work. What I need is to be able to earn money and not work my body so hard for it. Or maybe the lotto will fall into our laps and it will all be moot.
Make today GREAT....only you can~
Happy New Year and all the best for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012. ~
No comments:
Post a Comment