so there i was, sitting at the hospital this afternoon, while dad was sleeping, and the tears came again. he was sleeping so peacefully, and i am coming to terms with what is to come. the nurse said that he was doing better...he is swallowing and ate some pureed stuff for lunch, aunt j was there at lunch and fed him. she has lots of experience with that because she had to do that for uncle r in the months following his stroke. lets just say i am cautiously optimistic.
i didn't go out to mom's this day, we spoke on the phone twice. all is well with her. she is going to be in to see dad tomorrow. i have to work from 630-315p.
after the hospital, i went to the library for k and then came home. it was 5 pm or so, and i undertook to mow the lawn. it is not a big lawn, but it takes me a long time. i hate the way some of the people in the park mow their lawns, leaving a strip because it is the next lot. i do right up to the house next to us, behind theirs, ours, and the next one on the other side. i have to plug into their outlet (darned electric mower), so i do their side too, and behind theirs. it took me almost 2 hours, but it looks so nice.
k will be home soon. r went out for the night. the cats are fine. i didn't go back to the hospital tonight. i am just so tired.
gary survived the operation, and he is back to himself now. he is a bit quieter, (for the moment), probably a bit tender in the beanless bag, haa haa. poor little guy. he was quite the charmer said the vet and assistants, they were sad to see him go. he made quite an impression, as he did with us. take care, my faithfuls, i will soon be around to read ya'all. poet
Your post sounds so surreal,the mowing of the lawn is just a distraction from your thoughts.I just know Gary is putting a smile on your face and temporarily replacing the worry and heaviness you must be feeling at this time.I wish I could say something to brighten up your day but I wouldn't know how.I hope you have a nice weekend and hope becomes reality for you.
ReplyDeleteYour post sounds so surreal,the mowing of the lawn is just a distraction from your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI just know Gary is putting a smile on your face and temporarily replacing the worry and heaviness you must be feeling at this time.
I wish I could say something to brighten up your day but I wouldn't know how.
I hope you have a nice weekend and hope becomes reality for you.
Sweet girl...I don't mow lawns anymore, but when I did, I remember overlapping into neighbors yards to avoid the 'strip' separation and I agree, it looks a lot better :) Bless your heart for the hard work!You sound heavy hearted, love try to do something semi-fun this weekend, I'll be thinking about dad and still saying prayers.warm fuzzies~xoxoxo darlene
ReplyDeleteSweet girl...I don't mow lawns anymore, but when I did, I remember overlapping into neighbors yards to avoid the 'strip' separation and I agree, it looks a lot better :) Bless your heart for the hard work!
ReplyDeleteYou sound heavy hearted, love try to do something semi-fun this weekend, I'll be thinking about dad and still saying prayers.
warm fuzzies~
xoxoxo darlene
My prayers are with you and your dad and mom. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou sound so drained you poor girl. Just know that others are thinking of you on the other side of the world :o)
ReplyDeleteYou sound so drained you poor girl. Just know that others are thinking of you on the other side of the world :o)
ReplyDelete