so here is the latest. it has been a roller coaster of emotions this week. thanks to all who have left comments. i feel the prayers.
dad has the breathing tube removed, and with that comes new dangers, and decisions to make. he and mom and i agree that if his heart gives out again, and he falls into unconsciousness, that there will be no revival. it was a difficult time and that was made today. dad understands that his heart is not going to last forever, and he was only too glad to get the tube removed.
we went to see dad tonight, and he is a bit restless, but joking. the nurses are awesome in the ICU and very helpful with all our questions.
i'm going to go to work tomorrow, and try and stay positive. that's all for now, i am bloody well exhausted.
poet.
Oh, Poet, I am SO sorry to hear about your Dad. I've been so wrapped up in my dad that I did not know about your dad. Prayers and thoughts of comfort are going out to you all; I pray that he will recover. *BIIIG HUGS*
ReplyDeleteOh, Poet, I am SO sorry to hear about your Dad. I've been so wrapped up in my dad that I did not know about your dad. Prayers and thoughts of comfort are going out to you all; I pray that he will recover. *BIIIG HUGS*
ReplyDeletethat's ok karen. i understand. things are getting really messy here,and now i guess my phantom (non brother) is swooping in to make everything 'all better', ha! WTF is up with that? i have tried to post, and can't organize a rational post, or a rational thought. thanks for coming over. i will try and post soon. a very tired poet.
ReplyDeleteI have just read all your entries about your dad, I'm sorry that I didn't drop by sooner. I'm glad that your father seems to be improving, but I can understand your worries, especially with those difficult decisions you have to make.I wish you and you father all the best.Hugs,
ReplyDeleteSending more prayers out for your dad.My dad was in a similiarly bad way not long ago, he had pneumonia, a tube, a respirator and the battery was dead in his difibrilator, and somehow, he pulled through. Hopefully, your dad will do the same.
ReplyDeleteSending more prayers out for your dad.
ReplyDeleteMy dad was in a similiarly bad way not long ago, he had pneumonia, a tube, a respirator and the battery was dead in his difibrilator, and somehow, he pulled through. Hopefully, your dad will do the same.
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. The decisions that you all had to make are the damn toughest ones. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your dad. The decisions that you all had to make are the damn toughest ones. My thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping all is going well with your dad and keeping him and you in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping all is going well with your dad and keeping him and you in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThank You for so much love and support...you are an angel :)XxxDarlene
ReplyDeleteThank You for so much love and support...you are an angel :)
ReplyDeleteXxxDarlene