Monday, October 8, 2007

Still Around

,,,and have been so tired with the new job. by the time i get home after driving all day, i am beat. i barely stay awake long enough for reading my blogroll or checking my emails. not that i get a huge amount of mail, but you understand.

the job is going well. i would much rather have a courier job where i was not using our car or truck, but this will do until the good job comes along. isn't that sad? i am going to tweak up my resume, add a copy of my drivers' abstract, and hit the courier companies again. i would like to get into a settled routine before winter hits. it is already october.

don't get me wrong, i am enjoying my job. it isn't headset hell and that alone is perfect for me. however, it is demanding. i am not afraid of working, i have worked hard all my life. but lugging 1250 pound loads, for what works out to below minimum wage and wear and tear on our car and truck, well, you hear where i am coming from.

getting things ready for winter here. got the planters emptied and stored away, lawn has been mowed i think the last time today. (we'll see). I do have to do some stuff at mom's this weekend, take out the a/c and do some weather stripping around the front and back doors. ick, winter, would rather skip that season actually.

seth is doing much better. he is actually back to his old self. driving mom nutty. lol. meanwhile, the cats are all fine, and keeping us entertained as always. i have added some 'classic gary' shots for your amusement.dscf0001.JPGdscf0036.JPG

j, m's bf, took some pictures of the anniversary ring i want to sell. i have added them here as well. wanna buy a ring?_a075287.JPG

hope the holiday weekend treated everyone well. stay safe, and hope you will drop by again. i'm off to read some blogroll now. take care,,,,,,,,,until next time, my faithfuls.

2 comments:

  1. Hey M! I tried to write back on your wall...but you don't have one! Or maybe it's the Kproxy version that I have to use that doesn't bring it up. Anyway, yes, I did managed to get the holiday off. Was shocked, but hey, I'll take it! lol. It's great knowing that I only have to work 4 days this week! LOL. Things are pretty much the same here, except they're doing vacation bid soon...and by seniority! I'm so stoked about that because I'll pretty much have first dibs, being that I started in the first training class ever at this joint. They had to do it seniority because the stats are so messed up with everyone switching back and forth between brands. Sounds like your new job is wearing you out. I hope you find one like you were speaking of, that would be great to have a constant routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just take care of yourself, I'm still getting used to the 'not having internet all day long'-thing now I'm in between jobs, so I never seem to have enough time to read everything and mail and write my blog :( I'll have to get used to it though, since I'm not allowed to use internet at the new company.

    ReplyDelete