Monday, November 19, 2007

Painting bedrooms

So this is what we have been up to. painting the master bedrooms. yes, there are two. first we are working on k's room, which is a luxurious burgundy with crisp white trim. it is going to look fantastic. in fact, the burgundy has been completed this evening. now we wait until the colour is completely dry, then tape up to do the trim.

then, next week, we are going to tackle my room. it has that 'storage room' appeal right now, and since we now have a shed, well, we need to sort through and store things the correct way. i want a room to be proud to show, as i feel with the rest of our home. so many people who have come here have said how homey and comfortable we have it here. a very peaceful environment. that is what i want for the entire home.  we may not get to the whole painting part for a week or two, there is that much crap to sort through.

let's see, what else is going on. well, my car, yes the 'new to me' one has been giving me grief for a couple of weeks now. have not even had it for a month. i know that delivering and courier work is hard on a car, just as it is for taxis etc, but sheesh, it should work ok for longer than a week at a time. a new to it fuel pump was installed and it worked fine for 5 days. then began working shitty again. so back to the seller who is also our mechanic god. and now he is trying to get another fuel type part for it, which apparently is no simple task. i really hate loading the miles on k's car, but i have no alternative at this time. everything works out, it always does. it is a mantra that we live by, and it seems to work out for us.

mom got some work done at her house this past couple of weeks. the neighbour dude put a new sub-floor down, built a new wall, and put down new floor covering in the laundry/storage room. it looks great. i will try and add pictures after this weekend. when i next go out.

the cats are fine, seth is fine. i guess we are all fine. i have been dealing with a lingering anxiety attack, but i think that had to do with the car mostly. i also think i am in the midst of a falling out with a really good friend of mine. i guess when someone asks you for your honest opinion you should really keep it to yourself. 'nuff said.

well that is all from my little corner of blogdom ,,,,,,until next time my faithfuls, or whoever still comes around to read.           poet

2 comments:

  1. Hey M! Sorry to hear that you're in admist of a fall out with a friend. I've been through a few of those myself. While it's never fun to lose a friend, the falling outs that I have had, I'm thankfull I have had them. I'm a passive person and have a tendency to let friends walk all over me for fear of making them mad. Why it is my fault for allowing this to happen to myself, I usually do reach a breaking point where I can't and won't take it anymore and then just cut my ties with that person. I've learned a lot from these experiences and have found that the saying "one door closes, another one opens" holds true in these cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I hate doing all the preparation work on the walls, I SO love the finished affect that painting has on a room...everything looks so clean and fresh doesn't it?

    Sorry to read about the troubles you're having with your car...I'd be having a few panic attacks about that myself...and especially with the job you're now doing. Hopefully your mechanic god will get it all sorted out once and for all!

    I want a new shed...well, even an old shed would be good...I have no storage for outside stuff at all...my new lawnmower sits under the house at the moment lol

    ReplyDelete