Tuesday, December 18, 2007

new job

,,,short one this morning, as i am getting ready to head off to the first day of the new job. it is in a contact centre, not far from me. handy is good in winter. it will be a customer service type job with a well known cell phone company. we'll see how it goes. a bit nervous, as you might expect. change gets me riled up usually.

the painting is ALL done. both master bedrooms are completed. awesome job to k (and me). soon i shall post those promised photos.

mom bought me (us) an awesome christmas gift. a beautiful armoire for our bedding and blankets, etc. it is a huge piece, solid maple, and it is just gorgeous. pics to follow there too.

christmas is fast approaching, and we must get the house in order, buy the tree, clean and tidy, keep mr.fluffy-pants away from the tree, wrap the presents......ya know, the list grows. keeping the driveway cleaned out after the snowfalls is a big job for me. stupid snow. we have more than our fair share now, and santa will have lots of room to land the sleigh and reindeer. enough already.

thanks for dropping in, my remaining readers. take care and i will post an update how the job goes...until later.....poet

6 comments:

  1. Roses are red, sky is blue, you're a better writer than me for sure, lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are enjoying the new job Poet!!

    Wishing you and yours a most happy and relaxing holiday season....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dino f: thanks for coming over, happy holidays to you and yours.
    boo: nice to see you again, happy holidays, merry christmas etc, etc:)
    deni: how have you been ? thanks for taking time to come visit. hope you have a happy holiday, try and not work too hard, and there is plenty snow here, would be happy to send ya some, if that were a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I really hope you are enjoying the new job, just don't let them get to you so you get stressed all over again. Take care Poet, and enjoy the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathalie: Thank you for your comment. I know the signs of stress now for sure, not ever going to let that happen again. I am going in with a different attitude this time. Different company, different policies, the whole sha-mooz-all. I do want to make a go of it, because in all reality, I am getting tired of allthe starting over again again stuff. :_) what ever happened to get a job, make it your career, and stay there until you are 60?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, yes, I know - I also don't like changing jobs, far too stressfull. I'm only 24, but I'm planning on staying with this company for as long as I can - 10 years minimum (unless something happens so I can't possibly stay of course), well - I just commented on the other post, I'm really glad to see that you're giving driving another try!

    ReplyDelete