....and if you are working today, I'm sorry, but just think of that extra pay!
The weather is so nice now, such a drastic change from last week's humidity. I am loving the crisp air, breezes, and even watching some of the leaves begin to change. Used to be a time when autumn was not a happy time for me. I dreaded it really. I think it comes from back when we moved from my hometown to the little rural village that I would eventually leave.
I used to enjoy the first days of school. It was a fun time, a time when you got to reconnect with classmates you did not see all summer. A time to rekindle those friendships and forge new ones. When I moved to the new province, I knew not a soul. Walking into that class room at the age of 14 was pure and utter hell. I mean it. I was terrified. I put my best foot forward, but it got stepped on....many times. Seems there wasn't room in such a small school for any one new or from the 'outside'. I certainly was not used to that sort of treatment. After all, I had come from a city school where there were so many different kids from all over (base town) and kids that started school with us, might not finish with us if their parents were moved. So, we treated them all the same, with kindness and respect, because moving surely was not an easy thing for them to have to do, why make it harder on them?
Anyway, the years passed, and I moved on. And, now, these past few years have been 'fun' again for me. I enjoy looking at the leaves change colours (tho i am not impressed when they fall off). I love this time of year. Not too hot, not too cold, no humidity, just perfect for me.
The sad thing is when the birds line up in preparation to leave for their winter homes , to fly south. I used to go to a place where some 500+ Canada Geese would meet and get ready to plan their trip south. It was awesome to watch that many birds all in one field.
When I was much younger, I remember the neighbourhood kids and I would knock on neighbour's doors, and offer to rake all their leaves for free (can you even imagine a kid knocking on your door to DO the work now, much less for nothing??). We would bag up all the leaves and use them as insulation for our wood forts we had constructed over the summer, so that during the winter, we would have a 'warm' place to play. Ah yes, this time of year permits me to pause and reflect on a happier time.
make today GREAT~ until next time..............poet
No comments:
Post a Comment