Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A test with managers.

Training is going along ok. We spent a lot of time in pairs during yesterday's session, going over the call flow, asking the right questions and demonstrating different products and talking about pricing. I am a lot less anxious (sort of). Today, in about an hour, my phone will ring and I will be meeting 1 on 2 with managers to do role plays, as far as I know.

I sent in my quiz last night, and have not heard how I did yet. I hope I did ok. I worked on it a lot. The product knowledge is slowly seeping into the grey matter, and even staying there. Let's hope as this process continues I will gain more confidence.

Of course I will, that is just the nature of learning a new job. Big ole learning curve. I am sure once we all have a month or so in, it will seem old hat, and we'll wonder what the fuss and anxiety was all about.

The training has been going ok. I was originally told it was 5 hrs per day, but it is only 4. And, we had 2  3-hr sessions. (doesn't bode well for a pay). On the other hand, I got my first pay!!!!! WOOT. The FedEx lad arrived with it yesterday and I was quite pleased. Good for me!  The pays are like they were at last job, 15th and end of month. That takes some getting used to. I wish all pays could be like EI (every 2 wks like clockwork.).

Well, I better go study some more. Will check back in after to update this post. Make today GREAT~ poet.

EDIT TO ADD~~~~ I passed my Sales Sim with my manager!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing GREAT bestus! So proud of you! You are right, in a month you'll be comfortable in your new job and selling like crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Keep up the studies and you will be fine.
    Glad you found something to do at home, that saves gas at least from driving back and forth.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete