Illusive sleep. Last night I went to bed at a reasonable hour, only to lay there and what the minutes count up on the clock. I tossed, I turned, I must have rolled over a gazillion times, you know how that goes?
I used to pride myself on being able to get to sleep and stay asleep anytime anywhere. As I get older, that is no longer the case. Add to it the new stress of New Job, and well, that is where we are at now. HMPH! A few nights ago I thought I better have some help to sleep, so I have some Gravol (brand name travel tablets) here, took 2, took 2 hrs but went asleep and stayed asleep! Even felt kinda refreshed upon awakening. I guess perhaps I should keep taking them, at least until the stress of New Job is behind me. I got around 3 hrs of sleep last night, and as soon as I finish a smoke or two here, I am gonna hit bed for a 2.5 hr nap.
This afternoon we have the technical training part of New Job. We are going to be going over the different systems and applications and learn how to navigate them efficiently so we can do our jobs! I was quite pleased that I passed my sales simulation with one of my new sales managers, T. she made it very relaxing and had lots of feedback for me, my areas of strength, my areas of opportunity, you know? I am still very nervous, but that always happens with a new job. Without fail, I have at least one anxiety attack, and my sleep is interrupted a lot.
Well, internetz, have a wonderful day...Make it GREAT~ until next time.........poet
Wow, do I understand this phenomenon.....Sometimes music works to turn off my brain, sometimes watching something, sometimes reading something.....but sometimes NOTHING works.
ReplyDelete'Grats on the new job.....I am still looking.
Thanks for continuing to check in on me....its nice to know that out here in the wilds of the internet, someone cares!
Cris