Yes folks, you read it here first. The temperatures have been soaring all week. We;ve had humidex readings in the high 30sC, and yesterday was a record day of humidex 44.8C. the air conditioners have been on full blast since Monday. Last night was the worst night yet, hovering in the mid 20C with no air movement at all. I had my fan on me, and still, it was nearling 3:30am last time I looked at the clock. I was hopeful that today would not be as bad, but the site I found and keep open all day (just to check) is already showing me high humidext readings. And no rain in sight. This website I found updates every couple of minutes, and shows data in real time. I am glad to have found this site, it feels pretty darned accurate to me. The link is here. This is the Home setting. From here, click the 5th link down on the left -- Live Weather, and watch the fun. There are also links to all kinds of interesting topics, including record data monthly, or for the year to date. I find this all very interesting.
So, yeah, we've moved to HELL this week with all this heat and humidex stuff. Being an asthmatic, I have found that humid weather is more difficult for me. I use Advair as my controller med, and have had to increase my inhalation does to 2 twice a day, instead of one twice a day. I also use a Ventolin Inhaler (as a rescue) as needed, and let me tell you, I have used it a lot this week. I just checked the Fredericton Weather forecast and now they have added a humidex reading for Saturday as well. Oh, and we are supposed to get some rain, too. That is very welcome news, as there has not been any amount of rain since our 3 weeks worth back in June I think it was.
Now for those of you who don't know, Fredericton is not this hot as a rule. After all, we are in the Great White North, right? Well, that may be true, but this summer has proven to be a real scorcher. And, like I said yesterday, this is Summer's Last Hurrah. I will be thankful when it is Fall, and cooler.
So, if you enjoy the heat, and enjoy summer's activities, have at 'er, I'm staying indoors, next to naked, beside my air conditioner. until next time.......make today GREAT ~ poet.
No comments:
Post a Comment