i am not a religious person. i do not attend a church. but i do pray for things to get better, or calmer, or easier. last fall when mom passed away, i took great comfort in choosing hymns for her service. i also really listened to what pastor D had said in his message. i believe that there is a place where we go when we die, and that place is much better than earth. our souls live on in the hearts and minds of those left behind. i take comfort in the following hymn and last night, i had a melt down and listened to them over and over until the tears stopped.
i miss my parents very much. there are times when i really need to speak with them. when there is something i just feel they would like to hear about. and i hope that they are proud of me.
make today GREAT~ poet.
Bestus, they ARE proud of you! Mom told me many times how much she thought of you, how proud she was. She thought you could do anything. Remember how many times she told you to slow down? Never doubt, my bestus, never doubt.
ReplyDeletep.s. - I'm sorry I forgot your pop.
Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! I love visitors.
ReplyDeleteCBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com
Aww Poet, my heart goes out to you. I read your post and the link to the one-year anniversary of your mother's death. I lost my mother too (when I was 21), so I understand how you feel. If it is any consolation.... you get to a point where the sorrow is increasingly replaced with a fond remembrance. Take care me dear!
ReplyDelete@bestus. you above everyone else, truly understands. and thank you for being here, there and everywhere.
ReplyDelete@cbg--glad you came over, hope to see you again. i have added your blog to the list on the right side bar. you're welcome :)
@annie--thank you for your supportive words. i am so sorry you have lost your mum as well. i guess it just takes time. i am allowing myself to feel the feelings, and know that they come and then they go. all part of acceptance i suppose.