We interrupt the regularly (albeit sparsely) scheduled post to bring you some words.
Today, we went to the Justice Building and SNB to get our wedding plans in order. The license is purchased, the courthouse booked with a date and a time, and last night and tonight, we have been working on the invitations. Being that this is very informal, and the ceremony itself is but 15 minutes at the courthouse, we are just having some friends by the house between 5p-8p for sandwiches, veggie trays and cake. Our neighbour and friend is looking after the cake, there will be photos.
The rings are ordered, and should be here in lots of time. I'm just super happy tonight.
In other news, I applied to 3 places for a job as a resident attendant. It has been years since I worked with the elderly and disabled, and I think it is about time I get back into something that is stable. (with benefits). I also want something that is meaningful, and back when I worked at Swanhaven, never a day went by that I resented having that job. It was a good 5 yrs I worked there. I even spoke with one of my co workers, and she would be a reference for me. I am hoping to hear back from at least one of the three I dropped resumes and cover letters off to. I only managed to speak with one lady, at York Care, about my credentials. Cross your fingers, teeth and toes, OK? Thanks. I need a job. And I need it soon.
Make today GREAT, only you can~ poet
Woohoo!!! Congrats to both of you on your engagement, and upcoming wedding! Weddings, no matter how big or small are a huge deal and I'm so incredibly happy for you! I will also keep my fingers and toes crossed for you in regards to the work thing, I know how frustrating the last few months have been (I keep tabs;), and I just know that a whole lotta good is headed your way! BIg hugs!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful!!! What an exciting time for you.
ReplyDeleteI love wedding! I look forward to some wonderful pictures.
ReplyDeleteWishing you much luck in the job search. Working with the elderly is not easy, but very worthwhile.
Fingers crossed. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding....
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the pictures.
I tons of luck & prayers for the perfect job to come your way.
I can't wait for the pictures either! I love romantic things like that.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you about the jobs.... it would be the icing on the cake.
What great news! Congratulaltions!
ReplyDelete