Friday, August 26, 2011

New chapter

so, i quit my job today. i went in to work for my 8-4 shift, and the supervisor, one staff over me -- who has been there since the place opened 4 yrs ago, and one staff under me were waiting for supervisor to get the morning routines made out. I asked her what time BL arrives, and she says around 9, so i say good, just make my routine for one tenant. she's like, huh? I then decided to tell them all, I'm resigning today. I cannot get passed the words BL said in the evaluation...(" if it were up to me, I would fire you on the spot."), I am a good worker, the tenants like me, but BL and one of us has a hate on for me, and I don't need the stress. 

They were all pretty shocked, like how come? are you working at least the whole shift? i said they all know the reasons why, and no i am leaving at 9am, sorry to leave you in a bind, at least i came in. 
so i went into BL's office at 9am, with my time slip filled out and my key in my hand. I told her that I was leaving. she was like are you giving notice? i was like "no you were going to fire me on the spot a week or two ago, so consider yourself notified". she said that she still didn't think i was happy there. (ya think?). i said that i was quite happy with working with the tenants, and most of my co workers are fine, she was the reason I was leaving. 

so now i am unemployed again. sheesh. i am not settling for another dead end, minimum wage, part time job.  I have my name in at the hospital, and I am also following up on a lead for a nursing home job. it is a little out of the way, but the pay is good, unionized, will get a pension when i retire, and medical, dental & eye doc benefits. full time work. i command it, and i will have it. 
i respect those who rank above me, but i have no time for childish behaviour. anyway, time to get some sleep. job hunting is tiring work. make today GREAT only you can~ poet.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck. I guess you showed HER! hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote an e-mail to her superior this morning, citing the reason i left their employ, and suggested that for future employees, BL might want to take a management seminar and leave her personal feelings at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I'll be honest. The friend in me threw her arm in the air and said, "YES!" The mother in me put her hand over her eyes and said, "You quit a job?? In THIS economy?"

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you, poet. I have done that myself....ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Big Hugs. Lots of support. Powerful energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New chapters are normally scary but very often they are just the thing you need to move you forward to where you are meant to be. I give you credit for taking control of your situation - not many people have that kind of courage. Much luck to you.

    ReplyDelete